FCIA Board Goals – 2005-2011 Boards
FCIA’s 2005-2010 Boards met, reaffirmed strategic plans and goals. Each board has made some minor adjustments to the original plan, laid out in 1998. Each board remains committed to FCIA’s leading role in the industry.
FCIA’s Primary Goal continues to be to promote Fire and Life Safety, the Specialty Firestop Contractor Concept and Effective Compartmentation through several initiatives, as seen in the committee pages of this website.
FCIA’s 2005-2011 Goals Include:
Promote Firestopping Industry Growth through:
- Promote Firestopping Trade Recognition
- Build programs to increase reliability of installed firestopping through proper Design, Installation, Inspection, and Management…of Firestopping and the Fire Resistance Rated or Smoke Resistant Barrier.
- Build the movement for Fire Resistance Rated Effective Compartmentation
- Build recognition for FCIA in the Construction Industry
- Promote Firestopping Specifications recognizing the Firestop Trade
- Create a specialized workforce for firestopping and compartmentation
- Increase FCIA Contractor, Manufacturer and Associate Membership worldwide