Newsletter April 27, 2007
BULLETIN: NEW UL Position Statement on Firestopping in ‘Chase Walls’ – FCIA received a letter today about testing to UL 1479 of Firestop Systems. This is very important for contractors, as it states that UL Systems for Plastic Piping may not be listed after September. The letter is posted on the FCIA website, and has been emailed to FCIA Members.
- UL Testing BULLETIN
- NIST Progressive Collapse Report
- FCIA Effective Compartmentation Symposium
- FCIA Education and Committee Action Conference last minute notes, more…
FCIA Education and Committee Action Conference – FCIA’s ECA Conference features education programs about how Firestopping and Effective Compartmentation can grow business for your firm, while adding fire and life safety value to buildings.
Here’s a few conference details:
- Agenda: Emailed with this Enews.
- Weather: Hi – 60’sF, Low-40’sF.
- Airport Transportation: Train if arriving during rush hour.
- Directions: Take Blue Line to Brown Line, get off at Merchandise Mart, Walk 1 block west. Cabs, limos available too
- Fun: in Chicago
- UL Tour: A bus will take us from Downtown to UL Friday, then take people to both airports after the tour. Count on leaving UL at 2pm, arrive at O’Hare no later than 3pm, Midway 4pm. Please Email us if you are attending the UL Program, so we can plan transportation.
- Host Hotel: is the Mart Plaza Holiday Inn - Rate - 312-836-5000.
NIST Reports on Progressive Collapse - NIST recently completed a study on the progressive / disproportionate collapse and the development of a guide to help owners, engineers, and building officials avoid such collapses.
FCIA at CSI Show - FCIA’s “Compartmentation Symposium” Education Seminar takes place Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:45am, at the CSI Convention. Visit the FCIA Booth at the CSI SHOW”, and see specifiers from near and far, in Baltimore, MD. FCIA has a limited number of free tickets. Email Bill for info. Visit CSI to learn more about the show and seminars.
FCIA Life Safety Digest – FCIA’s Life Safety Digest is available 24/7/365 days a year, at our website. PDF’s of the magazine are archived for reference. Plus, Life Safety Digest extra copies are available for sale:
We have magazines in stock, ready to ship. Contact Bill for details.
FCIA Thanks E-News Advertiser:
FCIA Thanks Bronze Members
- BOSS Products, Inc., PFP Passive Fire Protection Partners.
FCIA Thanks Silver Members:
- HILTI, Thermafiber, Tremco, W.R. Grace & Co.
FCIA Thanks Gold Members:
- 3M Fire Protection Products, Specified Technologies, Inc.
Leadership and Learning are indispensable to each other.
John F. Kennedy (1917-1963) speech prepared for delivery in Dallas the day he was assassinated, Nov. 22, 1967
Bill McHugh, Evie Caprel & Linda McHugh
© Copyright FCIA 4/27/07 - Permission is hereby granted to forward, print, circulate, quote with credit to FCIA. FCIA is a non profit organization of Firestop Contractors, Contractor Branch Offices, Manufacturers and Associate Members interested in furthering life safety through the Specialty Firestop Contractor Concept. For more information, contact the
Bill McHugh, Executive Director
4415 W. Harrison St.
Hillside, IL 60162
Phone: (708) 202-1108
Fax: (708) 449-0837
To unsubscribe, email email@example.com with tagline REMOVE