Welcome to Mike Dominguez's 2007 letter
Mike Dominguez shared several thoughts about his 2007 FCIA Presidency at the FCIA Firestop Industry Conference and Trade Show, Charleston, SC, and the January, 2007 FCIA Board Meeting.
Mike emphasized the importance of FCIA to our firestopping and effective compartmentation industry, and the effect the FCIA relationships he's formed has had on his professional business and personal growth.
Mike mentioned that he is very proud of the many FCIA accomplishments including:
- A newly edited FCIA Manual of Practice
- FCIA development of an important Apprenticeship Program to create a career path for workers, in both non-union and union environments
- FCIA invovlement in the ICC and NFPA Code Development Processes by FCIA
- FCIA's new Life Safety Digest Magazine, Enewsletters
- FM Approval and UL Qualification Programs
- Successful Firestop Industry Conference and Education and Committee Action conferences
All these accomplishments have brought FCIA from a fledgling organization, to a viable, strong trade association representing the interests of Fire and Life Safety through firestopping and effective compartmentation...and it's growing worldwide.
"We have a lot of good things going on...and more to come", stated Mike Dominguez, FCIA 2007 President.
On a personal note, Mike stated, "I have grown personally and professionally with this organization, made friendships with contractors, manufacturers, consultants, distributors and manufacturers' reps from around the world due to FCIA".
This is what FCIA is all about...
- Created a 'body of knowledge' for our industry..FCIA Manual of Practice
- Created Credible 3rd party accreditation programs with FM & UL
- Representing the industry in the specification and code development process
FCIA has been serving the firestopping and effective compartmentation industry...as a resource, place for education, and most importantly, relationships.
"Talk to others about joining FCIA, cruise the FCIA Website and see what our organization is doing...it is impressive what our team has done...together."