Minutes of the Marketing Committee Meeting
In Attendance: Don Murphy, Breck Spain, Bill Hoos, Steve Tyler, Pat Meifert,
Leon Bablouzian, Melanie Jackman, Mike Hubbard, Jon Adam, Tim O'Brien, Dave Trumble,
Jon Aude, John Chiangi, Sr
New Orleans, Wednesday November 7th, 3:00PM
Who do we need to influence most? (Target Audiences)
- Mailings and brochures.
- Use joint resources of IFC and FCIA. Some current IFC brochures have FCIA
logo and promote use of specialty contractor.
- Give additional info to IFC to market.
- Trade Shows - Approx 3 national shows per year. Share booth space with IFC.
Suggested 2002 shows are
- CSI, June in Las Vegas. Request has been made. Waiting for reply.
- World of Concrete - New Orleans, Jan 9 thru 12,2002. Limited space still
available. Cost $22 sq ft. Decision has to be made immediately, and who
- AWCI - March 15 and 16, 2002 San Antonio, Texas
- DBIA - Design Build Inst of America -- To Be Announced
- Code Officials training sponsored by IFC. 1st Training January 9th 2002,
Boston, MA. IFC has asked FCIA to join them as part of the agenda to promote
specialty contractor and FM-4991. Three additional sessions in other parts
of the country scheduled for 2002.
- Bill Hoos will investigate marketing company he uses for possible connection
- Marketing committee met with Education committee to review the new FM 4991
power point they developed. This could be used for IFC Code Training. It was
jointly agreed that more marketing period needs to be done on FCIA.
- Additional Marketing tools presented were Press Releases - Photos, 1/8 and
1/4 page advertising in trade mags and other selected publications. Create
and distribute power point presentations to members for marketing FCIA.
After discussion it was agreed that we request from the board of directors
- We will hear back from the BOD in January, '02.
- $15,000 for 2002 marketing budget.
- Brochures - Create and Print 5000 copies $5,000
- Press Releases - Photos $1,500
- Advertising in publications $2,000
- Power Point - create and copy $1,000
- Trade Shows $4000
- Other presentations and hand-outs $1500
Sources of Revenue
Sell power points to members for reasonable fees, Brochures
- IFC Code Official presentation in Boston.
- World of Concrete show in New Orleans.
- Info from Bill Hoos.
- Design and print Brochure.
- Additional Trade Shows for 2002.
- Additional IFC presentations to code officials.
- Press releases and advertising.
Please review this information immediately and get back to me with your comments
ASAP. We have some urgent issues and need to resolve them immediately.
Don Murphy - Breck Spain - CoChairs